What is Seaport?
A seaport is a port located on the shore of a sea or ocean.
Purpose of Seaport
The following are the five main purposes of a seaport. They are
- To ensure safety for seagoing vessels entering, operation in and leaving the seaport.
- To provide shelter, repair, maintenance of necessary services to seagoing vessels and other crafts in emergency cases
- To provide cargo transportation, loading and unloading, warehousing and preservation service in the seaport
- To provide other services to seagoing vessels, people and cargo
- To provide facilities and equipment necessary for seagoing vessels to anchor, load and unload cargo, and embark and disembark passengers.
Worlds Largest Seaport
The Port of Shanghai is the biggest port in the world based on cargo throughput.
India's Largest Seaport
Mumbai Port is India's largest port by size and shipping traffic.
The following table consist of the list of Seaports in India.
If you have any doubt regarding this table, please email us at email@example.com.
|1||Andhra Pradesh||Visakhapatnam Port Trust|
|2||Goa||Mormugao Port Trust|
- Deendayal Port Trust
- Kandla Port
|4||Karnataka||New Mangalore Port Trust|
|5||Kerala||Kochi Port Trust|
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust
- Mumbai Port Trust
|7||Odisha||Paradip Port Trust|
- Chennai Port Trust
- V. O. Chidambaranar Port Trust
- Kamarajar Port Limited
- Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port Trust
- Port of Kolkata
Ready to Take Test?
Customize your Questions on the List of Seaports in India and Click on the Take Test Button to start a test.Take Test
Never Miss an Opportunity. Subscribe to our Channel to Get Instant Notification
Click to JoinFor Amazon and Flipkart Quiz AnswersFor GK and Job Alerts